Saturday, May 2, 2009

Blog comments

Hello all, apparently I was not subscribed to the comment feeds from my blog :) Eek Sorry all and thank you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated. In the process of learning the source code I have decided to try and write one of the network metrics, primarily for the purposes of learning the data structures. There are a few design questions I'm running into, in this process.

#1) How to find the directed-ness of an edge or graph.
#2) Some algorithms (modularity) might be interested in edge weights, does Gephi support edge weights?
#3) Where does the output from the standard metrics go (visually).
#4) As it turns out, there are a small number of Macs that don't support Java 1.6 as the chips in these machines don't support 64 bit mode (or something along this line). Its not the first time Steve Jobs has let me down, but this means I have to do my development on my Ubuntu machine, not a huge issue, but it may face some of the other GSOCers or other Gephi developers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    #1) Please ask Mathieu :)

    #2) This is called "cardinality", which takes the value '1' by default. Layouts may use it.

    #3) We'll design it together, from now the new overall interface is actively discussed and we're facing some non-trivial issues.

    #4) Life's hard :)

    ReplyDelete