Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Delivery: PageRank, Hits and Modularity

I'm delivering PageRank, HITS and Modularity (Louvain algorithm) metrics. Modularity was a bit trickier than I would have figured. I'm still not convinced that my code represents the best way to implement the Louvain algorithm, however, it is fast and accurate.



To-date I have implemented all of the metrics from the orignal proposal (allbeit with some lingering issues). Hits appears to have some hiccups that need to be ironed out. Both hits and pagerank need some (minor) adjustments for running on undirected graphs.

There is still, of course, a lot to do. My objective for the rest of this week is to iron out issues with the metrics and complete the reports (add parameter list, date, network revision, etc.).

The next major task is to begin work on the Report Center, which will monitor and inform users of the progress of reports.

2 comments: